The 12-Step Program For Internet Addicts
1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and
read my newspaper like I use to.
2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and
not with one hand typing.
3) I will get dressed before noon.
4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash
the dog, get the kids off to school, all before
even thinking of the Internet.
5) I will sit down and write a letter to those
unfortunate few friends and family that are
6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot
contact via the Internet.
7) I will read a book...if I still remember
8) I will listen to those around me and their
needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so
I can hear what is happening on the Web.
9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to
check for email.
10) I will try and get out of the house at least
once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving
if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was
too busy on my computer.
12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I
must go to bed some time....and the Internet will
always be there tomorrow!