A CEO has his business going well, but he's a bit
worried. He decides to check the competence of his
The first person he meets is his assistant:
- Oh Miss, I'd like to ask you just a question.
How much make 2+2 ?
- Yes Sir. Do you want a detailed memo on that?
- No, just answer the question.
- Well, I think it's 4.
Then he goes to the computer tech:
- Hi John! Just a question. Can you tell me how
much make 2+2 ?
John runs Excel, and after five minutes
- It is 4.00 E+0, but I'm not sure, the support
staff should come tomorrow. Will I ask them to
Then he goes to the accountant:
- Hello mister, can you tell me how much make 2+2
- Well, well, I know I'm late. I'm sorry. I didn't
already collect all the data, neither check all
the accounts. But I can estimate it now between
3.196... and... let's say... 5.659. But I'll be
able to make a much more accurate estimate within
A bit disappointed, he goes to the sales
- Hello Bob, could you tell me how much make 2+2
- So... How much do you think it makes?
- I ask you to answer.
- Mmh... you don't want to tell me your price. You
want me to make an offer. - Indeed.
- So, let's say 6! No, excuse me, you're not that
kind of man, you know the market. I sell it to you
for 5.25, and that's the price I' make for my best
Then he goes to his lawyer:
- Good Morning Mister. Can you tell me how much
make 2+2 ?
- Right now?
- So, at first I would say 2, but I'm convinced
that with a good preparation, we can get 3!
And, finally, he goes to the actuary:
- Hello Sir, can you tell me how much make 2+2
- Of course. It is... It is... Mmmmh, well, how
much would you like it to make?